ZDNet’s Josh Taylor will host an exclusive panel discussion using Google Hangout, and will be joined by a panel of experts, including:
- Abul Rizvi, deputy secretary, Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy
- Jeanne DeWitt, JAPAC head of SMB sales Google
- Andrew Griffiths, Australia’s number one small business author
- Michael Fox, CEO, Shoes of Prey
- Dr Yvette Blount, Telework researcher, Macquarie University.
The discussion will look at what the government is doing to encourage businesses to take up teleworking, what technology is required, how small businesses can get onboard, and what sort of organisations and people are best suited to teleworking.
National Telework Week is being held this week by the Australian government in partnership with 138 organisations from a variety of industries. Its purpose is to encourage as many employers and employees as possible to trial teleworking.
The federal government is promoting the rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN) as a key driver for the uptake of teleworking across the country.
To watch this hangout – follow this LINK – ZDNet hang out