Like any component of a successful business, the better you plan the greater your chances of succeeding. The same principle applies to the goal of becoming the ultimate corporate citizen. Making up a plan for how you and your business will play an active role in your community is a wise choice of action.
This plan should address the following:
1. Identify which types of organizations you would like to get involved with.
2. Determine how much time each week you can spare.
3. Specify how much financial support you can afford to give.
4. Identify what products and services you offer (remembering they still have cost).
5. Identify ways to encourage your staff to get involved.
6. Be specific about how you will tell your customers that you are community spirited.
7. How will you recognise other people in the community who get involved?
8. How can you share your own knowledge and experience?
This doesn’t need to be a big and in depth plan, just a few pages addressing each of the questions above. Start a file called “Becoming the Ultimate Corporate Citizen” and you are well and truly on your way to achieving this goal.
Once you have your plan in place, take the time to share it with your staff. They will after all, be playing an important role.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? Develop your own plan to become the “Ultimate Corporate Citizen”.