We’ve all been asked the question, ‘What do you want to be when you grow up?’ As a business owner, you can do your part to encourage kids to be the next generation of entrepreneurs, or kidpreneurs! In this episode of Business over Breakfast, Bree James and Andrew Griffiths share why it’s the responsibility of today’s business owners to support the interests of young children. Plus, the hosts give you plenty of strategies and ideas on how exactly to help kidpreneurs.Bree also interviews two special guests for this episode – kidpreneurs Cory Dent and Angus Copelin-Walters. Cory is one of the founding partners of the PowerShot app, and Angus is the Executive Head of Candy at Croc Candy, a startup business that is attracting global sales. If you want to find out more about the next generation of entrepreneurs and how they approach business, then this episode is definitely for you.
Also discussed in this episode:
- Why it’s not all about financial profit in determining ‘successful’ kidpreneurs
- The need to stay competitive with the resources offered by Europe and America
- Suggestions on how business owners can get involved with supporting kids
- How to honour your responsibility to the next generation of entrepreneurs
- Teach children a respect for money, including earning it and investing it
- Emphasising the lessons of delayed gratification and rewards for hard work
- How to talk with children to encourage them to become solution-based thinkers
- Pushing young people outside of their comfort zone will teach them valuable lessons
- Parent observations on the skills they’ve seen their kidpreneurs develop
- Smart business ideas from around the globe!